4 on 4 Tournament! Teams are guaranteed 4 games! Rain or Shine!
When: June 7th- 9th, 2019
Where: Westside Community Centre (Rink and Street)
Time: Games will be 8am-6pm Saturday and 8am-4pm Sunday) and potentially 5-9 on Friday evening for Midget division
Space is limited! There are only spaces for 8 teams per division available.
Each Team must have 5 players but can have as many as 9 players!
Cost: $15 per player
- IP (Birth year 2012-2013)
- NOVICE (Birth year 2010 and 2011)
- ATOM (Birth year 2008-2009)
- PEEWEE (Birth year 2006-2007
- BANTAM (Birth Year 2004-2005)
- * MIDGET (Birth Year 2002-2003)
* This is new this year and will only happen if we have 4+ teams and they agree to play under the lights on Friday night to start the tournament.
So start gathering your friends, think of your team colors… and come up with a fun team name!! Prizes will be awarded to the top team in each division!
Our canteen will be open, BBQ and more fun throughout the day!!!
Registration can be done by email and etransfer or at one of the registration events (to be announced shortly) If you would like a registration form please email- email@example.com and one can be sent asap. Etransfers for full team amounts can be sent to that email as well. Etransfer will be made to firstname.lastname@example.org You must include the team name and division.
• First come first serve- Payment must be received in full to ensure your spot in the tournament. There are only 7 teams per division and one 1 individual team.
• If a team has less than 9 players, you may be asked if you would like to accept an individual player to you team for the event. This will help us ensure everyone who wants to play can!
• Schedules will be put on the Event page, Facebook group, Town of New Glasgow and the WSCC Website by noon on Thursday June 6th.
• There will be prizes for the top team in each division!
To complete registration, you will need the following information for your team:
• Team Name (be creative!!)
• Team Captain (player or child of the player who’s parent is managing the team) • Players’ information (Name, DOB, Parents name, email and phone number.
• Payment for all players on the team.
Power Play Rules
- Games shall consist of 30 minutes straight time.
- A face off at center will start the game. Sticks must be on the ground with the ball on the ground between them. Games starts on the whistle.
- If a player interferes with the goalie, while he is in his crease, and the ball enters the net, the goal will be disallowed.
- When a goal is score, the team who scored must go back to half and the ball is given to the opposing team.
- SLAP SHOTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. The stick blade shall not be raised above the knee on either wind up or follow through.
- Raising the stick up the normal height of the shoulders to play the ball (successful or not) will not be allowed. The first infraction will result in a warning with subsequent infractions resulting in penalty shots.
- Penalty shots will be taken at the end of the game. The ref will keep tally of the awarded penalty shots and both teams will take any shots after the 30 minutes is up.
- Body checking is not allowed and will be penalized by a major penalty. Incidental contact will be tolerated provided no one is put at risk.
- All major penalties will result in a penalty shot in addition to a one game suspension.
- Any player receiving 2 penalties in a single game will ejected from game.
- There will no overtime (except playoffs).
- Overtime in playoff games will consist of a (5) minute sudden death period of play. If the score remains tied, a shootout will take place 13. Each win is 2 pts, each tie is 1 point, over time and shoot outs are only in playoff games.